How to Enable/Disable Chat on Gmail – will show you how to activate or deactivate the Google chat present on the left side of New Gmail. The chat allows you to stay connected with the friends associated with your Google Accounts. When you will turn on the Chat then it will appear on the left side of gmail other wise not (When chat is turn off). Some people don’t get chat on there gmail. They need to activate chat with gmail to use it. Now the Gmail Chat is replace with google+ hangouts. You need to enable google+ hangouts with Gmail to use the new Gmail chat (Google+ hangouts)
How to activate/deactivate the chat on Gmail
1. Login to your Gmail Account using your Google Account ID and pasword.
2. Click on the Setting (the gear icon) present at the right side of Gmail.
3. Choose “Setting” from the drop down menu.
4. Navigate to “Chat” tab.
5. You will get two check boxes under Chat on the Chat tab.
- Chat On – To activate that chat on Gmail
- Chat off – To deactivate the chat on Gmail
6. Just Select your desired option and click on “Save Changes“.
7. That is it.